Our well-established Lincoln client is looking to recruit an experienced Remote Support Technician to join their busy team.
You will primarily be office based and provide telephone and remote support to customers however you may occasionally also be required to attend customer sites.
You will have excellent first and second line IT skills and be able to deliver high standards of service along with efficient and timely verbal and written communications. You will have a high regard for confidentiality and be able to undertake recurring IT tasks on a regular basis, reporting outcomes as appropriate to the Technical Manager.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Accurately and diligently check client backup applications for failures log and escalate.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
- Onsite repair and installation of hardware when required.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency - 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of IT security and its necessity.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail with good organisation and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload
- Able to build and maintain working relationships
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- An understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Knowledge of on-Premise Microsoft Exchange servers and how to configure patch and maintain them.
- Knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Support and deployment of Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
Salary £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Fully funded training where relevant
Drivers Licence is Essential