Due to increase in work our client would like to recruit a full time Maintenance Manager to join their well-established team. This is a very busy hand’s on position and a new post and will include some home working and some on site work so flexibility is essential.
- Completing general property maintenance tasks within domestic and/or commercial properties
- Be the main point of contact for customers and staff with regards any repair or landscape requests or issues
- Diagnosing issues and determining and delivering appropriate remedial actions.
- Refer work to a specialist contractor – gas, plumbing, electrical
- Health & Safety such as electrical, gas, lifts, legionella, asbestos & CDM Regulations
- Competently deliver a hands-on reactive repairs service across a number of schemes Provide prompt diagnosis of plumbing, heating and other property related repair faults.
- Complete and sign off risk assessment and safe systems of work in compliance with relevant legislation and HSE guidance.
- Supervise 4 members of staff including the scheduling and allocation of tasks.
- Mentor and coach team members to achieve business objectives and meet their personal development
- Effectively use IT systems particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Be highly organised with the ability to motivate others.
- Be friendly, professional and a strong leader and team player.
- Adept at dealing with conflict resolution and negotiating a satisfactory outcome
- A good and empathetic understanding of equality and diversity
- Valid driving licence
Trade qualification to NVQ level 3 or City & Guild equivalent
NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
There will be some out of hours work for emergency repairs on a 3 week rota
Salary £25,000 - £28,000
A company van will be available for use when attending site work