Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Electrical biased Shift Engineer to join their national company based just outside of Lincoln. The main purpose of this role is to provide safe and efficient 24/5 electrical engineering support to production to minimise downtime and maintain site equipment.
- To maintain a proactive approach to safety, quality and hygiene to ensure standards are maintained and improved.
- To maximise the uptime of production machinery and to assist in meeting the agreed production plan for the shift.
- To undertake continuous improvements on the plant to improve productivity, ways of working and/or value engineering.
- To manage day-to-day routines, assisting operators in maximizing uptime of production machinery. Ensure the development of operators to carry out routine mechanical tasks as detailed in the Operator Skills module, thereby contributing to the overall success of the plant.
- To liaise with the Engineering Co-ordinator and other engineers to ensure that breakdown and planned maintenance is carried out as agreed and downtime is minimised.
- To work with procurement specialist in ensuring there are available spares
- To carry out job and shift handovers as required
- To ensure individual accountability for best practices and keeping skills up to date.
- To provide 24 hour, 5 day cover as required to support the site operation.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Engineering Co-Ordinator, Engineering Manager or other members of the Site Management Team.
- Recognised apprenticeship with electrical qualifications
- NVQ / City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications
- Working within a food production environment
- Evidence of safe working practices and personal commitment to health and safety
- Evidence of interpreting / recognising / meeting performance standards
- PLC experience
- 18th Edition
- Experience of compressed air system and Industrial Boilers
- Evidence of CI improvements and data to show improvements realised
- Evidence of identifying machine performance issues on a day to day basis